Monday, April 28, 2014

WHAT WILL I DO WHEN I AM ELECTED?

First and foremost, I promise to treat this as a full-time job.  Our current clerk, was in the office approximately 48 hours in October of 2013 and 49.5 hours in November of 2013.  I called him out on this publicly and he started spending more time in the office.  Today is April 28th and so far this month he has been into the office approximately 9 days.  This is not full-time.  My other opponent, doesn't see a problem with this, stating that "he doesn't have a boss."  You're the Clerk's boss.  The County Clerk does have bosses.  Thousands of them.  My tax dollars and your tax dollars pay the Clerk's salary to serve, not sit at home working on email which is what our current clerk said he does under oath.

I have heard from so many people in the county that customer service is either poor or lacking currently in the Clerk’s office.  I promise you, the citizens of Boone County that I will address this immediately upon taking office. 
I promise you that I will work full time not an average of 12 hours a week. 
I promise you that I will look at expanding services, to make it convenient for you to deal with the Clerk’s office.  When you renew online or by phone, you are charged an extra fee.  Of course, you’re not told this when the current Clerk is telling you how convenient it is to do business now. 
I promise to only serve no more than two terms and that I will not use this office to further any political career. 
I promise to implement merit-based hiring and retention. 
I promise you that I will do everything in my power to provide you with all public documents online so that you don’t have to pay for copies of things that belong to the public to begin with. 
I hope you enjoy this video and I would appreciate your vote on May 20th!

No comments:

Post a Comment